REPORTS TO: Yard Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt salary
Normally responsible for supervising more than one rig or line of business; provides direct operational supervision to rig and/or other line of business personnel; not responsible for budget.
The Pusher will assist his/her assigned work group(s) into the field at the beginning of the workday. This may include assisting the crews or personnel in obtaining supplies needed to complete the day's activities, collecting work tickets from the previous day’s work, gathering additional equipment required, communicating any changes to the work plans for the current job and any requests made by the customer. The Pusher is required to make, have and maintain good customer relations with those customers that his/her assigned work group(s) deal with on a daily basis and future customers as well. This may also include communications of customer requirements back to the assigned work group(s) and other information that may need to be communicated. This position requires the on-going maintenance and repair of the equipment associated with the work group(s) and may require the supervisor to direct the work. The Pusher’s duties are to be performed according to the company’s operating procedures in order to maximize the safety of all personnel at the work site and to efficiently perform the task.
This position reports to the Yard Manager. Frequent contact with the assigned work group(s), customer representatives, other company personnel and other service company representatives is required.
- Physical ability to perform occasional (less than 20% of the time) medium to heavy manual labor.
- Valid CDL B required to drive DOT equipment or valid Driver’s License for light vehicles.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent she/he is able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- An understanding and use of basic management concepts and principles including delegation and motivation.
- A thorough knowledge of the oil field service related equipment, materials, terminologies and the maintenance of the same.
- A working knowledge of the purpose, capability, and limitations of the equipment associated with his/her assigned areas
- .ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall position definition.
- Adheres to company policies and work requirements.
- The Pusher is directly responsible for the performance of his/her assigned work group(s). The Pusher must communicate with the group(s) to determine their needs (manpower and materials). This position will be required to be at the work site during critical operations, to ensure safe operating procedures are being followed. Additional time should be spent on the work location to observe the crew member in their work activity to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- The Pusher is responsible for assuring that the rig field reports (daily work tickets) are completed and signed when required by the customer. This position requires the Pusher to attend and conduct safety meetings with his/her assigned work group(s).
- Through personal visits and phone contacts the Pusher is required to meet with customers to determine needs and services that the company can provide.
- The Pusher position requires mobility to visit rig crews and customers. This may require driving a vehicle for extended periods of time over long distances.
- The Pusher is required to direct the rig crew in the maintenance of the rig and associated equipment and should have the knowledge of the use of hand tools and other devices or equipment necessary to accomplish the task.
- The position requires various types and levels of job related training with respect to the rig operations and company standard operating procedures and other specialized training as required by customers, regulatory agencies and the company.
- Position requires standing, walking and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors.
- While performing the job, the Pusher will be required to life, carry, pull, push, reach,
- squat, kneel and or climb ladders or stairs.
- Working conditions for this position m ay involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. These may include chemicals, gases, cold, heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, radiation and heights. Exposure to the above conditions should be handled as prescribed in the company’s safety manual and/or the company’s standard operating procedures.
- Other requirements include mental, physical and manual dexterity, hand/grip strength, depth perceptions and any other physical attributes that enable the employee to perform the job safely according to all company, local, state and federal regulations and requirements.
- The position requires the ability to wear personal protective equipment and/or safety equipment including safety glasses, face shields, goggles, earmuffs, plugs, steel toe boots, hard hate, full body harness with applicable fall protection devices, SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus), H2S detectors, slicker or TYVEK chemical suits and gloves.
- This position will have physical requirements consistent with attached physical requirement descriptions.
- Passing the company’s drug screening check.
- Passing the company’ background screening check.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may, and probably will, be asked to perform other duties as required. Each employee, regardless of classification, is required to maintain a safe, orderly and clean workplace, using safety precautions and observing safety rules at all times.