REPORTS TO: Pusher and/or Yard Manager
The Operator runs and operates the well servicing unit and is responsible for performing services on oil and gas wells as specified by the customer and/or Pusher/Yard Manager. The duties of the Operator may include driving the crew truck and well service rig and its components and necessary. All duties are to be performed according to the Company's operating procedures in order to maximize the safety of all personnel at the work site and to efficiently perform the task.
This position reports to the Pusher/Yard Manager. Depending on the establishment's organizational structure and requires frequent contact with all crew members, customer representatives, and service related company representatives.
- Physical ability to perform medium to heavy manual
Must have a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL B) needed to drive the rig.
- Must have the basic knowledge of the oil field and related equipment associated with the position.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent she/he is able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related
- Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall position definition
- Adheres to company policies and work requirements
- The Operator is responsible for driving the well servicing rig to the well site. This position will typically handle jack stands and matting boards, assist in securing the guywires, raise and lower the derrick life and remove or install the production equipment as required by the well operator or other designated Company official in performing these duties.
- The Operator will be largely responsible for determining how a service job will be performed, based on the specific condition of the well. The position is responsible for directing the activities of the crew as necessary. The Operator is responsible for the operations of the rig and its associated components during all oil well servicing jobs. Observing the Derrick and Floor Hands during the operations of the rig and its association components is essential for this position. This position may also be required to work in the position of the Derrick or
- This position requires the ability to operate the well servicing rig and its components as well as rod/tubing tongs, rod/tubing elevators, push/pull rods/tubing, use rod wrenches and other associated hand tools and
- The position requires various types and levels of job related training with respect to the rig operations and company's standards operating procedures and also other specialized training as required by regulatory agencies and the
- Position requires standing, walking, and sitting, while working either indoors or outdoors.
- While performing this job, the Operator will be required to lift, carry, pull, push, reach, squat, kneel and or climb ladders or
- Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust,fumes, radiation and heights. Exposure to the above conditions should be handled as prescribed in the company's safety manual and/or the company's standard operating procedures.
- Other requirements include mental, physical and manual dexterity, hand/grip strength, depth perception and any other physical attributes that enable the employee to perform the job safely according to all Company, Local, State and Federal regulations and requirements.
- This position requires the ability and willingness to wear the following personal protective equipment and/or safety equipment to including, but not limited to; safety glasses, face shields, goggles, ear muffs/plugs, steel toe boots, hard hat, full body harness with applicable fall protection devices, SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus), H2S detectors, slicker or TYVEK chemical suit and gloves, and FRC (Fire Retardant Clothing).
This position will have physical requirements consistent with attached physical requirement
- Passing the company's drug screening
- Passing the company's background
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may, and probably will, be asked to perform other duties as required. Each employee, regardless of classification, is required to maintain a safe, orderly and clean workplace, using safety precautions and observing safety